Friday, September 19, 2008

6 Months Old!!


My heavens! How fast a half a year flies! Harrison is 6 months old today. It just so happens that today is also his Uncle Tree's (my brother) 31st birthday. While Tree and Harrison haven't met yet, today has me thinking about what Harrison and Tree have in common. After all, they are related; some things have to be similar.
  • The first thing that comes to mind is the infamous "Tree Martschink Scowl." I have blogged about this from the beginning (see posts on 4/3 and 4/30). Very few people in this world can look at others the way Harrison and Tree do. It makes you feel dumb and silly, all at the same time. However, I am not sure that either intend to make you feel that way.

  • I feel like Harrison and Tree are similar in that they both have flatulence that could kill a small army. I don't think I need to go into that any further.

  • I think they are both great observers. When you spend time with Tree, you may find him just sitting back and checking everything out...like he is trying to solve the world's problems (which he may be). Harrison is definitely an observer. He is constantly looking at everything. The grocery store is like a playground of objects for him to look at.

I actually can't think of a lot they have in common, because Harrison, at 6 months old, is a little hard to gauge. I hope, and have a feeling, that Harrison will possess certain qualities that Tree has. Here are a few that I would love to show-up in Harrison in the future:

  • Tree has a magnetic personality that makes you want to be around him. Whatever you have on your agenda to do, it is always more fun if Tree comes along (unless he is sporting that Tree Martschink Scowl). Right now, everyone wants to be around Harrison, but I have a feeling that is because he is a really cute baby.

  • Tree also has a great spirit of adventure. He is always up for trying something new. I really think that Tree missed his calling as a river guide, sailboat crew member, or ski instructor...not that lawyering isn't great, but Tree seems to really be at home trying something new outside. I am sure that Harrison will posses this quality because his father and I love to be outside and trying new things.

  • Tree is super-witty. He has the kind of wit that makes you feel much less intelligent. Now, I don't want Harrison to make me feel that way, but I do hope that he is quick on his feet.

I am sure there are many more things that I want Harrison to take after Tree in, but I can't think of them right now. In fact, I am sure that Tree will point them out to me later. They will be meeting for the first time in October, and I will let you know if there are any other similarities that I notice. Happy Birthday Tree!!


No comments: