Monday, October 6, 2008

Thank You United Airlines!


This weekend, Harrison took his 4th round trip on an airplane in his 6 and 1/2 months of life. He is pretty well-traveled for his age. This time, however, was the first time that I flew with him without Adam. That extra pair of hands is really helpful since he flies in our laps. On the way to Charlotte, Harrison was okay, despite being awake 95% of the time on the 3 hour flight. On the way home, we (Dad and Linda dropped me off) tried to get him real tired before getting on the plane. Just as we took off, Harrison went to sleep. I was elated. I was actually hoping to catch a quick nap myself. Well, we were at the very back of the plane and as soon as we got to cruising altitude the parade of passengers started by our seat and to the lavatory. People were saying things like, "he's so cute, so sweet; he looks like he won't wake up until we get to Denver." Boy, were they wrong. It was like he knew that he was getting attention, so he woke up to greet everyone. Each time someone walked by, he reached out to grab their clothes. This included a flight attendant's behind that was the subject of his grabbing, twice! He turned into a handful. He wanted to peak down the aisle and smile at everyone. All the while, he was REALLY tired. But he wouldn't fall asleep...he just couldn't let himself. I carried him to the back and tried to rock him to sleep, but he still wouldn't have it. Seeing how exhausted I was, the flight attendants offered their assistance. They held him and played with him in the back for about 30 minutes, while I rested my arms in my seat. I was so thankful for them. When I came back to get him, they had pinned some wings on his shirt. He looked SO cute. But still, so tired. The flight attendants loved him and were so kind. One of them actually said that she wants to come to his wedding one day and tell about the day on the plane when he was such a goober and a ham. Anyway, by the time we landed, I was so thankful that he didn't have any crying outbursts on the plane. Needless to say, we were so exhausted by the time we got to see Adam. I think that we will be flying much less often. Thanks again sweet flight attendants!!

No comments: