Sunday, September 28, 2008
Friday, September 26, 2008
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
So tired in Daddy's arms at work
Harrison had his 6 month check-up today and everything seems to be going really well. Here are his stats:
Weight: 18lbs 13.5ozs (75th percentile)
Length: 27 1/2 inches (85th percentile)
I think we can say that Harrison is starting to level off. Actually, I think this is the first appointment where he isn't in the 90th percentile for anything. Harrison did pretty well today after his vaccinations, but when it was time to go to Adam's Chick-fil-A, Harrison was a little out of sorts. We had a going away party for his biggest raving fan tonight. Harrison was good for a little bit, but then he totally self-destructed at the end...as you can see in the picture.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Okay, so I know that everyone is thinking that I am blog obsessed. Well, you might be right! I am trying to pace myself, but after we took these pictures and videos today, I had to put them on here. I figured everyone out there who is especially fond of our Harrison would love these. As an aside, I have decided that the best sound ever heard is when my son laughs. I feel like the world pauses momentarily when he laughs. I remember the first time I heard it, I thought I would cry. Hopefully you will feel the same after seeing these videos.
Friday, September 19, 2008
- The first thing that comes to mind is the infamous "Tree Martschink Scowl." I have blogged about this from the beginning (see posts on 4/3 and 4/30). Very few people in this world can look at others the way Harrison and Tree do. It makes you feel dumb and silly, all at the same time. However, I am not sure that either intend to make you feel that way.
- I feel like Harrison and Tree are similar in that they both have flatulence that could kill a small army. I don't think I need to go into that any further.
- I think they are both great observers. When you spend time with Tree, you may find him just sitting back and checking everything out...like he is trying to solve the world's problems (which he may be). Harrison is definitely an observer. He is constantly looking at everything. The grocery store is like a playground of objects for him to look at.
I actually can't think of a lot they have in common, because Harrison, at 6 months old, is a little hard to gauge. I hope, and have a feeling, that Harrison will possess certain qualities that Tree has. Here are a few that I would love to show-up in Harrison in the future:
- Tree has a magnetic personality that makes you want to be around him. Whatever you have on your agenda to do, it is always more fun if Tree comes along (unless he is sporting that Tree Martschink Scowl). Right now, everyone wants to be around Harrison, but I have a feeling that is because he is a really cute baby.
- Tree also has a great spirit of adventure. He is always up for trying something new. I really think that Tree missed his calling as a river guide, sailboat crew member, or ski instructor...not that lawyering isn't great, but Tree seems to really be at home trying something new outside. I am sure that Harrison will posses this quality because his father and I love to be outside and trying new things.
- Tree is super-witty. He has the kind of wit that makes you feel much less intelligent. Now, I don't want Harrison to make me feel that way, but I do hope that he is quick on his feet.
I am sure there are many more things that I want Harrison to take after Tree in, but I can't think of them right now. In fact, I am sure that Tree will point them out to me later. They will be meeting for the first time in October, and I will let you know if there are any other similarities that I notice. Happy Birthday Tree!!