Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bon Voyage!


This afternoon, I dropped Adam off on his uncle Sid's sailboat for a little sailing adventure to Miami this week. I'm hopeful for lots of sailing without too much adventure. Harrison and I are going to miss dad like crazy while he is gone. And actually, I was supposed to go, but because of my work schedule over the next month, I just couldn't stomach leaving Harrison for a full week when I'm going to have to do it for work a lot in the near future. I was super jealous and sad that I wasn't going until I sat on the boat (while at the dock) in 100 degree heat for about 10 minutes. Immediately, I realized that it was a trip for Adam (who loves to sweat) and not for me (who loves the A/C). So, everyone who reads, please say a big prayer for safety for my sweet husband and Harrison's dad. You know, when Adam and I were on our way to his uncle's house today, I asked him if he was nervous. He said he wasn't, but that it was different than when he did an identical trip in college. His words to me were, "You know, when I was in college, I had almost zero responsibility. Now, things are a little different. I have a wife and son back at home. The stakes are a little higher." I may have replied, "Darn right, they are higher." Anyway, coming from Adam, those were major words of affection and it made my day. So here is a picture I snapped of Adam and Harrison before he left. Harrison wasn't feeling like smiling for the camera so we bribed him with a gummy bear. Yep, that's right. I'm all about bribery. So, the smile you see is due to gummy bear overload in the mouth. Cute nonetheless.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: