Friday, March 21, 2008

The Grand Arrival
























Well, Harrison finally decided to make his grand debut on Wednesday night (March 19th) at 9:02 pm. We were beginning to get a little worried that he was too stubborn to arrive on Wednesday. In the beginning, the worst part was the IV. I am not sure why it bothered me, but I couldn't stop thinking about it. It was actually worse than getting the epidural. Maybe that had to do with how intense my contractions were and I knew that there was an end in sight.
At 3:00 pm on Wednesday (after being in labor since 6:00 am), I was only 3 cm dilated. Needless to say, I was going insane (not to mention, I couldn't eat). They told me that if I didn't progress in the next couple of hours, I would have to have a c-section. Well, thanks to a lot of prayers, I progressed to 6-7cm in 40 minutes and then to 9cm in another 40 minutes. It did take two hours to get to 10 cm. At 7:10 pm I started pushing...and two hours later, Harrison Brantley was born. Pushing was not fun and I am pretty confident it will take severe amnesia for Harrison to end up with a sibling in the near future. He came out with the cord around his neck (I didn't even know it). He was crying within seconds!
Harrison weighed 7 lbs, 12 ounces and was 21 inches long. Adam was awesome and so supportive. There is no way I could've done it without him. Thankfully, he still wants to be married me to me after the whole ordeal.

2 comments:

Leah said...

He is super deee duper cute! Congratulations. I know you are glad he is here and that labor is over....now the fun starts. I can't wait to see him. We love you
Neil. Leah and Jack

smrkdr said...

He looks beautiful, can't wait to meet him! Also, can't wait to hear the story of the bucket on your head?!?!
Love,
Shelley & Ken