Saturday, July 19, 2008

Four Months Old!









Harrison is four months old today and as usual, we cannot believe it. Our big day started with dropping Grandpa Gus and Grandma Linda off at the airport (after a really fun stay). Then Harrison and I went off to the pool for an hour (where he pooed in the kiddie pool). And after a lot of playing at home, the entire Brantley clan went to eat Mexican food with some friends. On the way home, we saw an awesome sunset over the mountains. I tried to capture a picture of Harrison and Adam with it, but the picture doesn't even come close to doing it justice. Above are some pictures of him throughout the day. Unfortunately, there are no pictures of the pool because I was by myself with him.

Even though I am four months into being a mom, there is still a lot I have to learn. I have a feeling that I will be learning how to be a mom the rest of my life. Here are some thoughts, questions, and ponderings that I have had in the past four months:

  1. If I have to trim his fingernails every week or more to keep his nails at a length where they won't scratch his eyeballs out, why have I never had to trim his toe nails? Do they not grow?

  2. I think that my favorite thing about being a mom so far, is the feeling I get when Harrison is a little fussy and when he gets in my arms, he just calms down...I know it is selfish, but it feels so good, that all he wants is his mommy. I know one day he will grow out of this, but I sure do love that feeling!!

  3. I learned today that swim diapers do not hold newborn poopies when in the pool.

  4. When Harrison gets excited, he kicks his legs fiercely...they are like a motor that helps him to express his little heart's desire. You can see this in the video.

  5. Right now, he like to put anything in his mouth. If any object gets within 5 inches of his face, he sticks his tongue out. This is true for his clothes, toys, fingers, etc. Thankfully, Marley is still to quick for him to get his tongue on her. But rest assured, Marley has gotten her tongue on Harrison numerous times.

No comments: