Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sitting Pretty




I am so proud of the way Harrison sits up. He actually loves it. I guess after 5 months of being completely horizontal, he thought it was time to get vertical. While he was learning, you could just tell, that it was something he wanted to do. As for rolling over, he still isn't doing that. And honestly, I don't see him doing that soon. I think he CAN do it, I just don't think he WANTS to do it (I have actually seen him do it about 15 times over the past couple of months). For now, he doesn't really see a need to do it. For a while, I was getting a little worried that he wasn't rolling over, but then it occurred to me that it isn't such a bad thing. One of my friends pointed out that she has never heard of a kid starting kindergarten without rolling over, so I shouldn't stress about it. She is right. There is no reason to stress about it. I think Harrison has the resilience of his parents. Adam and I are both, whether a good thing or not, the kind of people that will do and go after things that we want to do, making sure we accomplish what we set our minds to; but then we don't bother with things that don't seem important to us (for the record, Adam and I both see the importance of doing things that don't seem important to us). Now our offspring is pretty similar to us (go figure). He sees the importance of sitting up, but not of rolling over, so why bother.

2 comments:

Garrett and Allison Reed said...

I cannot believe how big he is getting! I also cannot believe how cold it is there. I have to say I am little jealous b/c it is still pretty hot here...i am ready for a cool down...maybe not straight to the 40's though. Can't wait to see you all in October...not much longer!

Anonymous said...

nice onesie (sp?)...no sarcasm intended...seriously, nice.