Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter


Harrison celebrated his 2nd Easter...I think this is the first holiday that he has gotten to celebrate twice. When you are a mom, you start thinking about silly stuff like that. Last year, Easter was earlier and Harrison was like four days old. His Nana gave him a sweet Easter basket last year and thankfully, I saved the basket (and grass inside too...I know, I'm cheap). Unfortunately for Harrison, he only received two monkey plates in his Easter basket and a toy that someone gave him for his birthday a couple of weeks ago that I decided to hide until today...hehe. I also cooked my first Easter lunch today and it was scrumptious. We discovered that Harrison loves mushrooms. Love is almost even an understatement. He would grunt in between mouthfuls of them. I would have never guessed that he would like mushrooms so much, but when they are covered with yummy sauce, I guess it does the trick.
We also went to church today in our best Easter garb that we could find for 40 degree weather. Our church is super casual, but I thought people might get a little more dressed up for Easter. I was wrong. We were the most pastel people at church. It looked like we stepped in Colorado from another country. I can tell you one thing, there was not one smocked outfit on any child at our church.

5 comments:

Joan Brantley said...

Pastels are fine, those Colorado people don't know what a true Southern Easter is! Smocking is okay to, if you live in the low country!! Boys, maybe not, girls that would be perfect, maybe a girl!!!

The Bryant Buzz said...

NO smocked outfits!?!?! I guess that means that no one was wearing a searsucker suit either...
I don't think I've ever been to an Easter service that wasn't full of smockness and searsucker.

The Brantley Boys said...

Definitely no seersucker suits here. No hats (which I'm not sure that anyone wearsanyway, no smocked, no pastels. Oh, there was one family that was coming into the late service as we were leaving where all three girls in the family were wearing the same dress...that's close, right?

Joan Brantley said...

That is close, I used to dress the kids in the same colors and themes. And, sometimes Amanda and I would dress alike and the boys like their dad!! What do they wear out there??? Jeans?

The Brantley Boys said...

Yep. 9 out of 10 people wore jeans to church. We wear jeans a lot on "regular" Sundays. I don't mind jeans. It was just different for Easter.