Saturday, September 12, 2009

Unlock the Magic






I think that is, or was, the slogan for Oreos. Maybe it wasn't at all. My memory doesn't do the job it used to do these days. I'm just going to pretend that it was the slogan. It fits the story. I am pretty confident that one thing that Harrison's Poppy (Adam's dad) was looking forward to the most when it comes to being a grandparent, was sharing his love of Oreos with a grandchild. I've finally kicked most (or just some) of my neurotic parenting tendencies, to actually let Harrison have Oreos. Watching Harrison eat Oreos with his Poppy made me think that many years from now, he will have memories of sharing Oreos with his Poppy. I'm so thankful that he will have sweet memories to cherish of simple activities. And one of my favorite things of being mom is seeing unlikely people go soft around Harrison. Let's be real, it usually happens with Adam, my dad, and Adam's dad. For some reason, I love the magic that happens in the interaction between a big boy and a little boy (memories that I will cherish for years to come). Here is a little video we captured of the two boys eating together.

1 comment:

Mark and Lindsay said...

So sweet Mandy! I hear you about the neurotic tendencies. I think it is the thing to do, but it really does take some of the joy away from some things. Anyway, I love watching Harrison grow. I feel like it was just yesterday that you wrote your labor blog entry, which was hilarious, by the way. Talk to you soon.