Monday, August 29, 2011

Cha-Ching

 

This little nugget has gone from...
 

This formula or Similar Alimentum (a cost of $40/week)
 

To this formula, (a cost of about $18/week)

This is huge people. No one plans for their baby to be put on the most expensive formula out there. In fact, most plan to breast feed, but if for some reason that doesn't work out, formula is what you have to do. With Harrison, it wasn't that big of a deal. It cost me $19 for two weeks of formula. That was cheap. I fully expected it to be the same with Fisher. I was sadly mistaken. And here are two pieces of advice that I'm going to pass along. If this is you, check with you insurance company, if you can get a Rx for it, all you have to do is pay your co-pay (my co pay is high on Rx, however). Secondly, if you know of someone who says that they are having to give their child the most expensive formula...send them a can of it and surprise them. It will be a huge blessing. That can that cost you $25 will cover them for 4 days...maybe. Thankfully, I have a friend who got me about two months worth at wholesale...even then it is super expensive. So, I carefully tried Fisher on a gassy formula. It may hurt his belly a little bit, and may make him spit up more, but he seems super happy anyway. And we are saving money along the way. Cha-ching!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: