Wednesday, September 28, 2011

And We Have Teeth!

 

Assuming everyday for the past five months that Fisher would wake up with a little gem in his gums has finally come true. I make a habit of always chalking things up to him cutting teeth. Any sort of random behavior, I like to just say, "Oh, he must be cutting teeth." It really keeps me from being a lunatic and rushing to the doctor at the drop of a hat. Well, as luck would have it, I ran to the doctor yesterday. Fisher had a fever that ibuprofen wouldn't take care of. He didn't eat much and would cry at the drop of a hat. For my sweet, content, happy baby, this just wasn't normal. I was sure that he had contracted the strep throat that Harrison had the week before. And, I thought it could be teeth, but to be honest, when Harrison cut teeth, we never missed a beat. He would just drool and then have teeth. That was it. So, when I took him to the doctor yesterday, they swabbed his throat to test for strep. As he was screaming his head off during the swabbing, the doctor noticed that two teeth had literally just come though up top(had to be in the previous 24 hours). Well, the strep test came back negative. Shocker. The doctor's response, "looks like it is the two teeth that just came through on the top that is causing him discomfort and the two on the bottom that will come through in the next couple of days on the bottom that could be causing this. It should be a fun few days for you." Four teeth at once. Awesome. Thanks for going big Fisher.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: