Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What Did I Just Do?


I'm trying to get Harrison into a different school for next year. I absolutely love where he is right now, but the church we attend has a great school, and I think I'd rather him be there. It is fairly hard to get into, but some how, Adam delivered some chicken and Harrison jumped everyone on the waiting list. The only caveat to this place is that he has to be potty-trained in order to be able to attend this school. That is a totally different subject.

So Monday night, I decided to email the lady who runs the school and confirm that Harrison would be enrolled as well as to ask if our deposit is refundable in the event that Harrison is not potty-trained. Here is her response:

"Things are looking great. What is Harrison's birth date again? The deposit is non-refundable. But think positively, he will be potty-trained."

In the middle of working yesterday, I decided to respond quickly:

"Harrison's birthday is March 19, 2008. I'm crossing my fingers for potty-training...I wish I could send him to a camp to learn. I don't even know how to tickle tit."

I hit send.

I went back to my email to see if I put his birth date in it and I realized, that I put "tickle tit" instead of "tackle it." Oh. my. gosh. I just sent an email like that to the head of the church school. I laughed so hard that I cried. Then I called Allison, my mom and Adam to tell them what I had done. I couldn't stop laughing. All three advised me to send an e-mail to correct it immediately. So I did.

"Unfortunately, I sent the last email without proofing it. I meant to say 'tackle it.'"

I still haven't heard a response.

8 comments:

Garrett and Allison Reed said...

I trickle my pants every time I think about it. And I keep making "tickle tit" jokes...I can't stop. Harrison will forgive you one day for having to go to a second rate school for the rest of his life.

Hannah Alexander said...

wowza. I don't even know what to say but that I love it. Thanks for sharing, that made my day. My classic email error is when I mean to say "I was busy..." and I write "I was busty..." I mean the "t" and the "y" are too close together and spell check doesn't pick it up!

And thanks for calling yesterday- I was busy/busty but will call you back tonight :) love love

smrkdr said...

Ever so funny!! I'll be she had a secret laugh over it, too!! Miss you. See you in a couple of weeks!

smrkdr said...

*bet not be! LOL!

devonspires said...

THAT IS SO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!! :) You probably won't be asked to be the "room mom"! :) HAHAHAHAHA :)

Mark and Lindsay said...

Oh boy, this is great! I literally just woke Mark up to read this story. He quickly responded with "I want to learn how"...can I write that???? Anyway, thanks for sharing, it was a good laugh!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh... mandy, i just died.

will you seriously teach me how to take care of a kid everyday? I think I'm going to do stuff like that all the time. (i think i just admitted to wanting a kid one day)

I'm so glad that I found your blog and you found mine. Harrison is a growing little nugget! bring him to our house and sass and i will teach him to potty train!

Lizzie said...

I can't believe she doesn't know what it means to tickle tit. It's obviously Canadian. Why, it's Canadian I don't know. Just seems logical to blame it on them....Harrison should be fine, just tell him that tickle tit means to draw horses really well. Everyone wants to know how to draw a horse. Look at the opening ceremonies. Que Weird.