Monday, April 5, 2010

Seersucker and Pastels...um, um, good




There aren't many traditions in life that I am a stickler for. I'm not a pack-rat, physically or emotionally, so traditions aren't something that I necessarily have to be a part of every year. Plus, Adam and I are always thinking about how we can change things up from the norm, so that makes traditions hard for us to come by. It doesn't mean that I don't like them; I just forget about them. However, one thing that I do love, is Easter. Obviously, above everything I love what Easter means. I love that this is the day that we get to celebrate our Savior coming back for us. I also love the tradition of the Easter dress. Each year, I want to buy one (I don't, but I'd like to). And that is because, for many years, my mom did buy us an Easter outfit. Now, I get to do that for my son. And boy, am I glad that I am back in the South for this. Last year in Denver, I was alarmed by the lack of pastels and dresses on Easter. It was business as usual as church (jeans for 90% of the congregation). Don't be misled, I'm all for casual church. But, I do love Easter church outfits. I know...silly, silly; it doesn't mean anything. I recognize it. But look how cute my boys are!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Joan Brantley said...

Nana and Papa love the Easter traditions. Nana especially loves the Easter outfits and the family gatherings! Thank you guys!! Love you.

Hannah Alexander said...

photo #1 here is absolutely retarded cute... wow, hotties

Unknown said...

I absolutely adore these pictures - and the people in them! These are wonderful.