Monday, September 6, 2010

A Big Thank You


Adam and Harrison unloaded a riding lawnmower courtesy of Grandpa Gus and Grandma Linda today. We have been talking about this lawnmower for a couple of weeks now and Harrison has been eagerly anticipating its arrival. Adam told Harrison today that after he woke-up from his nap, he could mow the grass with him. Well, when Harrison woke up, the first thing I heard in the monitor was, "Daddy, come get me. Mow grass now." I went to get Harrison up and when he saw me he said, "Momma, go put work clothes on. Mow the grass in two minutes." Huh? That caught me off guard, but I guess Adam had been telling him this morning that I could mow the grass now. I didn't realize I was signing up for that. But I am super-thankful for it. Harrison was so happy; and I am too. All we had was a push-mower (not even self-propelled), and that meant Adam spent at least 4 hours on yard work. I'm so thankful that I will get to spend more time with my husband on the weekend now. Oh, and you can add this to my list of things about boys that I'm in store for: a love for all things outdoors and the equipment that is associated with it.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Joan Brantley said...

You better get used to it now, real women mow grass!!! That is truly a Brantley thing!!!Hope you know what you are in for. Love you guys!!!