Sunday, September 5, 2010
What's In Store For Me
1. At least six more years of full-on tackles for me: I'm sure that tackling each other will last until their late twenties for the boys, but I think that I will continue to be a tackling dummy for about six more years. I've tried to channel the full-on sprint across the room ending with a dive onto my body to Adam and the dogs recently, but Harrison thinks it is a lot more fun to tackle his unsuspecting mother. And when you ask Harrison what he likes about football, it is the tackling.
2. A celebration of nudity: I know that all kids are different, but I tell you no lie, Harrison loves to be naked. I'm guessing this is more of a male characteristic than a female. In fact, most of the time, he'd like to wear a helmet with nothing else. We are working on the need to be clothed.
3. Dirty nails...I have no idea how it happens, but he manages to have perma-dirty finger and toe nails. He just plays so darn hard. And I swear we bathe him... sometimes even 2 to 3 times a day.
4. Trucks...Harrison loves to play with, talk about, and point out trucks at any given moment. In fact, these days in the car, when you think you have a moment of silence, Harrison spots a truck, and then tells you all of the details about it...over and over again.
5. Fascination with Dad...I love that Harrison wants to do whatever Adam does. Both of my boys have such a great role model on how to love well and play hard. And I love that Harrison already wants to do both because of what he sees in his dad.
5. Love for Momma...this could be my favorite part. While we have some trying times during the day, Harrison still loves me to death (and vice versa). I love the relationship between a mom and son. Whenever I tell people that I'm having my second boy, often the reply is, "that's great; boys love their mommas." And it is true...just so hard to put into words.