Saturday, March 19, 2011

Best. Day. Ever.




Happy 3rd Birthday Sweet Harrison. We just put you to sleep and your dad and I realized that this must be the best day ever in your life. Here is a quick recap:
Monster Truck Jump Castle. The Reed Family. Pinata. Your whole class/best friends. Extended Hang Out Time with the Milling Family. Orange Birthday Cake with Footballs. Lots of sweets. Lots of breaking mommy's rules (which was okay for the day). Cooking on the grill. Roasting Marshmallows. Opening Presents.
Sweet Harrison, I can't believe that you are three years-old. I'm so proud of the sweet boy that you are. I never imagined that I would have such a compassionate and rule-following child (which both, I believe you got from your dad). You are also full of life and energy and want to include everyone on everything. You are a little bit crazy and you like to make people laugh (which I think you got from mommy). My heart leaps for you and I love you more than words can explain. Your daddy and I would stand in front of an oncoming train for you, and we had no idea that we could love someone like we love you. We pray that you will follow after the Lord and lead others to Christ. We pray that you would be a great big brother to Fisher and teach him what it is like to be a godly boy. I pray for your future wife frequently...that you would love and respect her in a way that would utterly amaze her (like your daddy loves me). I can't wait to many more years with you and I'm thankful for the time that I have already had with you. Thank you for filling our lives with a richness that we did not know existed.
PS...your uncle Matt Matt got engaged to Lesley on your 3rd Birthday! Congrats Matt-Matt and Lesley. We can't wait to have her as an official member of the family.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Joan Brantley said...

Sorry Papa and Nana wasn't there to share the best day of your life. We love you and would have loved to be apart of it!!! Maybe next year. It was great seeing you on Sunday to help celebrate with Matt and Lesley! Love you all!!!

Lesley said...

So glad to be part of this wonderful family! Love these sweet little boys! Can't wait to officially be their aunt! Love y'all!