Friday, May 30, 2008

Harrison's Baptism






On Sunday, May 25th, Harrison was baptized in Charleston at St. Andrew's. He was baptized by Steve Wood, the pastor who married Adam & me, which obviously meant a lot to us. Steve and St. Andrew's means the world to us and we hope to make it our church home again in the near future. A lot of our family and friends came to be a part of the baptism. Thanks so much to everyone who came to see our little man's dedication to the Lord. And thanks a ton to Allison and Garrett Reed, Harrison's godparents who stood up at there with us during this special moment in our lives.
The baptism went great. I was a little nervous when I found out that there were two others being baptized the same day. I was sure that Harrison would find that moment to demonstrate his lung power to the entire congregation. However, he turned out to be a little angel. We even passed him around to different people like a hot potato during the service. Puff was the one that we needed to worry about. When she was holding him, I looked over and she had a paci that had bubba teeth on it. She thought it would be hilarious for him to have that in his mouth during the service. Something about bubba teeth and a baptism seem a little backwards to me. Thankfully, I noticed before the damage was done.

No comments: