Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Brookgreen Gardens


This baboon was a big hit for Harrison. He kept on asking for more. Thankfully, this baboon's twin was just a few short feet away (that is the object of his pointing in this picture).

Harrison loved the pig. He was tickling it and laughing at it over and over again. The little sign to the left of Harrison says "Eat More Beef." We got a kick out of that.

H was trying to say "cheese" and check out the squirrels behind me at the same time.

Naturally, H wanted to get in all of the water fountains/ponds.

There aren't a ton of things to do with little kiddos in the Pawleys/Murrells Inlet area when it is chilly outside. Obviously, when it is warm, we all head to the beach. It occurred to me the other day that I had never been to Brookgreen Gardens. So, Harrison and I headed out to see what it was all about. It really was unbelievably beautiful. The statues, the gardens, and the zoo are just amazing in their own ways. Harrison loved it because he could just go wide open. The area is kid friendly, but I have my doubts about the other visitors. I'm sure they were thinking they would have a peaceful walk through the gardens, but boy were they wrong. Harrison showed up and ran everywhere, talked (or yelled and laughed) to all of the statues and animals, and wanted to touch everything (which is a big no-no). Before we left, we bought an annual membership so we could go whenever we want (and add an extra element of fun to all of the visitors with our presence).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see y'all Sunday!!!! Harrison is on my blog post today. I "borrowed" one of your pictures.