Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Whew...4 Weeks Down...

I can't believe our little bear is four weeks now. We are having a great time with him. He went for his month check-up yesterday and I know that this comes as a shocker, but I have misplaced his information/stats. I know that I have it some where as I was looking at it today. As Allison reminded me today, we are just distracted these days. I do know that he is 10 lbs 4 or 6 ounces, and he is 22 1/4 inches long. I also know that his head circumference is in the 90th percentile, but I cannot remember anything else. He is pretty much exactly where Harrison was at one month. Fisher's measurements were taken probably about a week before Harrison's were, which does make a big difference. But I think Harrison was 1/4 inch longer and a few ounces heavier. I guess Harrison grew faster than Fisher is. Either way, they are both big boys.
Today, we celebrated Fisher's four weeks in the world with an emergency trip to the doctor because Harrison got a raisin stuck up his nose. Up until this point, I haven't taken the boys anywhere together by myself, other than school for pick-up or drop-off. And this morning, when Adam called me and told me that H stuck a raisin up his nose on the way to the school, I pretty much had to fly out the door (very much in my pjs and no brushed teeth) to meet Adam as he had a very important meeting. My diaper bag was a little lacking too...praise the Lord that Allison was already on her way to my house and could save the day and bring me necessities (which include the iPad for the waiting room at the doctor). So, we get to the dr office in the peak of the stomach virus and flu season, so there are literally no parking spots left. Once I talked to the lady at the front desk, and trying not to laugh at the fact that my son had a raisin up his nose, we headed off the well room as quickly as possible to avoid the cesspool of germs. Two hours later and five minutes with the doctor, the raisin was out. How, you ask? Once the doctor showed Harrison the tool he was going to have to use to get it out, he cried so hard, that it came out on it's own! If I had known it would have been that easy, I would've made him cry much earlier. So, now we are just crossing out fingers that we were able to get out of there without contracting the flu or stomach virus. Oh, and when I put Harrison down for a nap this afternoon, he told me that he wanted the raisin that was in his nose so he could eat it...gross.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Joan Brantley said...

Nana is having a really hard time, missing the boys soooo much, mom and dad to! Fisher looks so different than Harrison, hard to put my finger on it! I am sure he will change many times in the next few months. Love you guys! Nana