Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What I'm Loving Right Now...







Here are a few things that make me smile regularly during the day:


  • the fact that Julie Cochran is going to have a baby boy

  • Harrison's unprompted "I love you mom"

  • Harrison's hugs that involve him rubbing my back as he squeezes me tight


  • Fisher's smiles and laughs upon seeing his brother (Fisher has been sick and Harrison was concerned that Fisher wasn't smiling at him all of the time...now that he is on the mend, Harrison keeps saying, "Mom, Fisher is feeling better. He's smiling at me now."


  • the sound that comes through the monitor as Fisher sucks his middle three fingers...it is too cute to me


  • the lists of things that Harrison is thankful for when we say prayers at night; I can tell you this, there is no shortage of things. Just last night, I said, "Harrison tell God what you are thankful for," and his response, in this order, "My Fisher, lamp, letters, bed, art, Miss Lindsay, the girls (our dogs), pajamas, mom, monkey, and dad." I guess we know where we are in the pecking order. I'm just thankful I came in ahead of monkey.

  • Harrison's 20 Questions when I'm leaving the room for the night. Here is a sampling: "Mom, why do I have two beds in my room?" "Mom, I don't like my dresser right there...let's move it." "Can we move my train table downstairs?" "Why does Fisher cry? I think he wants to sleep with me. Go get him." "Mom, I get up real early tomorrow, okay?" He literally tries to think of everyone thing he can to keep me from leaving the room, which is annoying. But it always makes me laugh...hard.


  • Fisher has the cheapest smile. I also love that you can tell when he is tired as he laughs pretty easily...feels like a courtesy laugh...and I love it!


  • Watching Adam and the boys together...ah...it really, really warms my heart.

  • Harrison's memory...don't say it if you don't want it repeated.


  • When I get to put eye drops in my eye during the day to help get rid of my pink eye

  • that Fisher does NOT have meningitis...we had a scare last Friday and had to go to the hospital. Ugh...babies do not belong in hospitals after they are born...I was a weepy mess for about three hours.

1 comment:

Clay and Julie said...

My heart just skipped a beat when I saw I had a shout out!! Our boys are going to be best friends!! Okay- I'm calling you this weekend to finish our phone conversation. Love you so much Manders!
Julie